In the summer time, who doesn’t crave BBQ Chicken? You would think there is nothing better. But there is. This recipe is now staple for me and it is so juicy and delicious, I bet you will be eating it at least once every couple of weeks.
This sounds a bit dramatic, but honestly I thank my lucky stars I discovered this recipe. How? In a Sobey’s flyer. Its honestly SO GOOD and there are a ton of veggies in there too that make it a healthy go to recipe. The recipe calls for chicken thighs but I have tried this with chicken breast and drumsticks and it is equally as good. The best thing about this- throw in the ingredients into the oven. or BBQ – It is super quick to prepare! and it’s done in about 40 min!
Serves 4. Ingredients:
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 Red onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 6 chicken thighs (skinless, boneless if you are trying to be healthier)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme ( spice rack thyme also does the trick)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil ( can reduce amount if watching fat intake)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Quarter the tomatoes in a large baking dish. Peel onions and cut into large wedges , deseed and chop peppers. Add all of these to the baking tray along with chicken. ( Don’t forget to add some olive oil to the bottom or PAM spray so it doesn’t stick). Also I find it flavours best if you can add some veggies underneath the chicken.
- Squash garlic cloves with back of your knife and add to tray. Pick over thyme leaves and add them over the smoked paprika. ( best part is growing fresh thyme in the summer and finally getting to use it!) Add the olive oil, salt pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Toss together to coat. Roast for around 1 hour, turning and basting with the juice from the tray.
Serve with salad or rice. Tonight I served over rice and it was delicious!